One of Run Gum's co-founders, Nick, is a five time USA Champion and a two time Olympian (Beijing, London) in track & field. Though he specializes in mid-distance running, he also has a bachelor of arts degree in chemistry from Willamette University (class of 2006) that he puts to use daily as he fuels himself in training to make the 2016 Olympic team. An avid outdoorsman and entrepreneur, Nick is constantly on the run and uses Run Gum to assist him in getting through his busy days. Nick's blog focuses on the biophysical benefits of Run Gum and on the process and thrill of starting a new business.
- Nick’s favorite shoes are his Brooks Revennas.
- As a Beer Mile Champ Nick is even faster if there’s a cold one at the finish line.
- Nick’s pet bunny is named Mortimer.
- Nick is a self-proclaimed “foodie.” (Not an easy thing to be when you’re in training.)
- Off the track Nick adores the outdoors as an avid fisherman, hunter and hiker.
- Nick is also very comfortable in the water – many weekends he can be found surfing and paddling.