Looking to freshen up your runs, let Calum Neff show you how to approach it with a creative mind.
If you are tired of the same old thing, the same type of races, the same type of workouts, I am sure you will get some inspiration from today's guest on Episode 6 – Calum Neff.
Calum is in the middle of a crazy running year that includes a world record in the Half-marathon while pushing a stroller. A week of races that included an indoor marathon, a timed race is based on an LP vinyl record speed, LP 33-1/3, and then a 50k trail run. This is all leading up to his third time running the Wings for Life World Run.
He likes trying new things and finding different ways to do the things he loves. He believes that it is this unique perspective that, one, led to more joy in running, and two, helps him find these insane event opportunities.
In our conversation, we talk about all these events, how he approached each one, and why he believes it is important to be a lifestyle athlete.
Enjoy Episode 6 with Calum Neff!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN
- His journey from Canada to Houston
- How the idea to break the World Record in the Stroller Half Marathon began.
- Why it is important to include his family in his running.
- Balancing Family, Work and Training.
- Why he believes it is important to be a lifestyle athlete
- Daily work habits and exercises he does to stay fit.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Wings for Life World Run Donation Page
- MitoCanada 24 Hour Treadmill Team WR Challenge
- Reno/Tahoe Summer XC Altitude Camp for JH/HS Athletes
- Trail Racing Over Texas
CONNECT WITH CALUM
Want to be Coached by Calum? Click Here
Buy Run Gum and Support Calum! Buy Now!
Nathan Woods is the host of the Performance Matters Podcast, which is the 2nd podcast that he hosts. As an avid stand up paddler, he also has a podcast called Keep Standing. Oh and he is the Chief of Stuff here at Run Gum. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
SHARE THE LOVE
If you enjoy the show, we would truly appreciate if you would rate us on iTunes and leave a review. This would help us spread the word and raising the visibility of the show. Go to iTunes to review now!