In Episode 3, Phoebe Wright discusses dealing with anxiety from focusing on details, keeping a journal and her interesting experience with TSA
Phoebe Wright is an elite 800m runner with Nike and is currently based out of Seattle, where she trains with the Brooks Beasts Track Club. She hails from the state of Tennessee and was a 5x NCAA while attending the University of Tennessee. Phoebe is also the newest member of Team Run Gum!!
In this episode, we go into depth about the struggles she had when focusing on the little details instead of the bigger picture and how this year she is only worried about her two main things; her mindset, and the work she has put in the last few months.
If you are like me, you often let the little things control your life, which is why you spend some time and listen to how Phoebe is breaking this habit and what she does on a daily basis to stay focused.
Enjoy Episode 3 with Phoebe Wright
“Being focused is a practiced skill.” - Phoebe Wright Tweet It.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN
- How she preparing for the chance to be at the 2016 IAAF World Indoors.
- Why hitting rock bottom was the turning point to changing her mindset.
- Why becoming apathetic has led to a renewed joy in running.
- What an adaptable perfectionist is according to Phoebe.
- Why personal hygiene compares to stress and anxiety.
- Where Phoebe likes to spend her pre-race... (Hint: It is where you and I do another kind of business)
- Why flossing is like preparing for a race.
- What the 90% Rule Is.
- Her daily routine & why keeping a journal allows her to maximize her performance.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
CONNECT WITH PHOEBE
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We love the engagement that comes out of the podcast. Each episode we as a question.
Nathan Woods is the host of the Performance Matters Podcast, which is the 2nd podcast that he hosts. As an avid stand up paddler, he also has a podcast called Keep Standing. Oh and he is the Chief of Stuff here at Run Gum. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
SHARE THE LOVE
If you enjoy the show, we would truly appreciate if you would rate us on iTunes and leave a review. This would help us spread the word and raising the visibility of the show.