"In order to do well I know that I need to work hard."
The Importance of giving yourself every opportunity for success.
Devon Allen was able to do what only a few have ever done—win at the highest level in two sports at the same time. While on a football scholarship at the University of Oregon, Devon also did the rare double and competed for the track and field program. While having to overcome injuries, his fluctuating weight, and the pressures of competing for two elite programs, he was able to find success in both.
In this episode, Nick and Devon discuss having to decide between football and track, what it was like winning the Olympic Trials on his home track, and how Devon approaches his goal setting to reach his ultimate dream.
Find out what motivates this talented athlete who is only 23 on episode 4 of the Run The day Podcast.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Follow Devon on Instagram or Twitter
- His favorite restaurant in Eugene, Oregon—Addi's Diner
- Jumping into the stands after his 2016 Olympic Trials Victory
- Devon's Football Highlights on YouTube
- Diamon League Final — Brussels, August 31st
HOW TO LISTEN
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Devon Allen for joining me this month. Until next time!