“What motivates me is inspiring others that are in a similar situation as me.”
We Can All Learn From Perspective
Gabeis a professional American middle-distance, rare cancer survivor, fighter advocate, Chip Gaines Marathon Coach and the Founder of Brave Like Gabe. After being diagnosed with adenoid cystic carcinoma cancer in 2009 she was then diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2010. Gabe experienced recurrences of adenoid cystic carcinoma in 2016 and 2017. These battles haven’t held Gabe back from performing on the track, taking 4th place in the 2012 Olympic Trials and a USA indoor Championship in the 3000 meter in 2014. She has also foundedBrave Like Gabe who's mission is to support rare cancer research and empower cancer survivors through physical activity.
In this episode, Nick and Gabe discuss her continuous battle with cancer and how the adversity she has faced has given her a new sense of urgency and motivation in her life.
Learn all about Gabe's story and how she is inspiring others through her journey.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Follow Gabe on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Learn more about Brave Like Gabe
- Check out this short video, "Gabe."
- FREE RESOURCE - Download Nick's Run The Day Block Scheduler
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really do help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Gabriele Grunewald for joining me this week. Until next time!