“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” - Oprah Winfrey
Run Gum® was born through the pursuit for greatness and will continue to create an environment that pushes the limits in what we do and how we do it. We share an unshakable commitment toward a common goal of becoming a brand with an inspiring culture and amazing products. How We Run serves as the training plan and the base through which we grow as a company, as individuals and as a family.
Our foundation begins with a passion and zest for life. We want to live active, healthy lifestyles; seeking personal growth, pushing the limits and always finding new adventures.
As we look around what builds our company it is not only the people here in the office, but also our ambassadors, and our customers. So we asked them...how do you live passionately...
- Adam Navarro (Director of Sales): “For me, boxing is what keeps me motivated to not only train and exercise, but to volunteer my time as a coach and help teach others the sport that I love.”
- Holly Fiorillo (Sales Support Specialist): “I've been playing Softball since the tender age of 9 when I fell in love with not only the game itself but the sounds, smells, and overall feeling I had being part of it all. Through the highs and lows---it's who I am to my core. I am a ball player.”
- @FluffyPotato6699(customer): “Nothing is more satisfying than helping others achieve their goals by coaching.”
- @iwonam99 (customer): “I am running across the country for young adults with cancer under the Ulman Foundation”
- Jim Ford (Ambassador): “For me, to live passionately is to live everyday to the fullest, Being 58 years old and still willing to take on any challenge, from attempting my first 70.3 last June after recovering from Knee Surgery to going out to Oregon in August and competing in the Hood to Coast 200 Mile relay”
- Christiane DeSalvo (Ambassador): "For me, living passionately means being the truest form of myself and embracing each day with strength, happiness, positivity and honesty. I enjoy each day that I am graced with and do what I care deeply about while treating those around with kindness and care.”
- Tyler Murphy (Ambassador): "Passion is defined as extravagant fondness for anything, and this is how I try to live my life each day—whether I’m talking about goals with my family, my students or my RunBros! There is no doubt that to live with passion is to live deep and to suck out all the marrow of this life!"
- Rafael Perez(Ambassador): "Living passionately for me means getting excited for myself and others. I coach most of the year 6 days a week. I put in so much time and do not get paid well for it, but I do get paid in thank you cards! It is about doing what you love! I try to be a model for my student athletes that running is something you can enjoy for the rest of your life. It is one of those pure sports that solely depends on how much you put into it. I get excited for all of their races despite how they do. It's about being excited to just be out on the roads. This year I want to show them when you are passionate, then they will never have a truly bad race and accept everything as a learning experience to keep putting in the work."
- Kevin Shea(Ambassador): "For me living passionately is doing everything I can to stay healthy and keep competing despite my health challenges. I have had 3 major surgeries the past 12 years but I am fine now. By working hard and competing to my best level I hope to show others that they may be able to do the same."
- Dawn Bardon (Ambassador): "Losing my father unexpectedly a couple of years ago was a wake up call. Nothing is guaranteed, including tomorrow. I'm passionate about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and staying active. I avoid waiting until timing is right and make the time to tackle new challenges like snowshoeing or horseback riding. At the same time, it is crucial to give back to my community so I'm a volunteer Girls On The Run coach this year. My passion is appreciating the life I have."
The people who continue to make up our team live passionately every single day. For more of our Values & Beliefs and How We Run Click Hereto learn more.
How do you live a life passionately?